Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday Training

Ahh, plans meet the wall of reality. I only swam today at lunch, as I was still feeling really tired, and an all over tired kinda lethargy. Thinking that this is a sign, and realizing that good workouts don't often happen when you are tired, I cut back today, and only swam.

With this swimming thing, I feel like I almost have it. The new form is starting to feel natural, breathing to the left side is almost easier than the right side, hands close, elbows high, shoulder blades squeezed. There is a lot to think about. Oh yeah, and think about your breathing. Or don't think about your breathing. Now if only I could stop thinking that I will run out of air soon.

Perhaps I need to stop thinking that swimming should be easy, say that it is a hard workout, and treat it like pushing through any other kind of hard workout, and get er done. and maybe over time, what is now a hard workout will become next years good workout and the following years easy workout, much like has happened with running.

At least I hope so.

No comments: