Saturday, November 21, 2009

hehehe, let the bike building begin.

I have been thinking about getting a Tri bike for next season, and started thinking this week that I should be looking at fall sales, as the new models come in. My bud Rob pointed me to a frame that was available at the bike shop, and on sale as well.

Its Sexy.

Its a Specialized Transition Pro, which I acquired for $900 off list. I did ask if they were willing to move any more on the price, and the young lad did check, but informed me that it was priced pretty much at their cost, so they couldn't really move much. Thats OK, I think it was a great deal at the price I got it for. And there is something to be said for supporting the local bike shops, and not buying everything off the internet. Of course, if they sold it at their cost, I don't know how much help I am giving them. Well, cashflow at the very least.

Now I have a ton (tonne?) of research to do for the rest of the parts. Suggestions that I have had so far are:

Shimano Ultregra groupo
SRAM Red groupo

Need wheels, handlebars and seat as well.

Let the research begin!

No comments: